CQB - 101 - August 28
This non shooting one-day class will introduce you into the world of CQB – Close Quarters Battle.
This highly detailed course will start with the principles, and work through application. How to move through buildings with single, 2 person and multiple person team. Work around architecture and obstacles, weapon manipulation both pistol and rifle, search, process threats…the important basics necessary that don’t include shooting, but need to be honed before engaging threats.
THIS CLASS WILL THOROUGHLY COVER;
- Safety brief & Medical plan
- CQB Principles
- Movement – Footwork
- 1, 2 and multi person teams
- Weapon manipulation – Pistol and Rifle
- Clearing rooms, halls and odd areas
- Basic threat processing
- Gear considerations
- and more…
- A functional and practical carbine or battle rifle and pistol.
- A sling for the rifle
- Holster must attach via the belt (paddle holsters are not allowed). Holsters must provide an active or passive retention device and be able to keep the firearm in place while running or moving in and out of awkward positions.
- Eye protection.
- IFAK with Tourniquet required
- Optional.- Any gear generally worn for such scenarios…chest/thigh rigs, plate carrier etc.
Class starts at 0900